Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Vala's Pumpkin Patch-2014 Rose

Being with Rose, it is easy to forget she is only 8 years old. She is so aware of helping her siblings and especially John and I. She is constantly asking what I need, who she can help, and what baby can she hold. Her mothering instincts are so strong. I will remember her at Vala's this year asking me repetitively how she could help me. What a dear soul. She and Dominic are male and female versions of each other. What is most endearing is that they are the best of friends. I find this uniquely interesting given their young ages to have a friendship so close with another sibling. They just understand each other probably because God gave each of them a servant's heart. She is such a wonderful daughter. What a gift it is to see her grow. My mother tells me that this was me as a child. She reminds me that at four-years-old I could handle a baby like a teenager and she trusted me. Rose is a friend to everybody.
2009- Rose 3 1/2 years old
2010- Rose 4 1/2 years old


2011- Rose 5 1/2 years old

2012- Rose 6 1/2 years old

2013- Rose 7 1/2 years old

2014- Rose 8 1/2 years old








She would best be defined as having a gentle spirit.  She loves dogs so much.  She would pass out from excitement if we ever let her get a dog.  Her dream dog is a Cocker Spaniel like Lady from Lady and the Tramp.  It is remarkably fitting that she would love such a gentle dog because Lady resembles Rose so closely. 




3 comments :

  1. Aww, what a sweet girl. My Rose is a lot like that, she is always "helping".

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love reading your posts because you clearly seek to really "know" the hearts of your children.

    We have a dear Leah who is much like your Rose. :) She is tender and servant-hearted. She teaches me so much about loving others with self-forgetfulness.

    It is so beautiful to witness God's specific design of each soul. It has also been a lesson in grace for me, as a mama, to see that I can love five children-- all very different in personality-- with passion and an endearment specific to that particular child's make-up. What beautiful proof that we bear God's image and likeness...he even gives us hints of how he loves his "very different" children so deeply and particularly.

    Blessings to you,
    Amara

    ReplyDelete