Saturday, December 18, 2010

Like I said...


Lots and lots of twirling.

It hasn't stopped since the big day. The dancing is incessant. We might have well just have performed on Broadway because they act like it. Everywhere we go, everyone we talk to, etc., etc. it is all about the Nutcracker.





Luckily, Zellie picked up on the needed moves and is now dancing quite gracefully with her sisters.

See her elegance and grace? Eyewear included



So, what fuel did I add to this fire? I took them to a real live version of the Nutcracker at the Lied Center this evening. How many three years olds do you know will sit for 2 1/2 hours motionless at a Ballet? Me. Pick me. Zellie did! Wide eyed and bushy tailed. She loved it.




She said, "The music makes me sleepy."

We went a couple years ago for the first time and would love to make this a family tradition.
John stayed back with the littlest two so I could take the big kids. Rose fell asleep at the end. It was a beautiful performance!

3 comments :

  1. I love the one of Lillie flying through the air all blurry like! Your girls are so darling. and Dominic too, of course!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like fun! Some of my favorite memories are "ballet" dancing with my Mom & sibs in the kitchen. :) We saw a little girl at Mass this morning in a red tutu...I wonder if she was in the class as well?

    ReplyDelete